Sunday, April 22, 2012

Blood Isn't Thicker Than Water...


Most of you know that my blog is where I work out my creative moments of realization. Maybe this post isn’t the most positive; maybe not even the most beautiful use of words, okay it’s not the most perfect moment to heave the tired and weary words clouding my thoughts, but it’s all I have to give.

So as I work through watching someone I love fighting not to die, I find myself struggling not to resent being left as the keeper of the keys. Lack of love or compassion has nothing to do with it. I love her so much it hurts. But waiting for decisions, while completely powerless; is painful. Blood isn’t thicker than water.

SUFFER NO MORE MY DEAR FRIEND

Skin clinging to bones like wet skirts pulled by gravity.
Muscles dissolved, twitching to feel life.
Veins bleeding for a life, vacuumed against worldly experiences.
Breath struggling for a rhythm locked by forgotten words.
Eyes closed, wasting the beauty between life and death.
Sparks of your fire keeps raging for more time.
Tell me what you want me to do?

Life’s unkind, bringing demons to your thoughts.
Mind won’t stop fluctuating between then and now.
Happy moments torture your missing thoughts.
Bones crumble and decay while shaking for support.
Smiles keep wasting away to bitter scowls.
Do you know who I am?

Bless this life, reduced to a reluctant player.
Aged to believe that suffering is for the righteous.
An unforgettable story of strapping death to the old.
Please resign in peace and know true love.
Be free from the prison your body has created.
Know the beginning of another journey.
Wake another without pain, without suffering.
Dignity is yours—my dear friend.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment