Thursday, November 25, 2010

What are YOU Thankful For?

So I sit here on Thanksgiving morning as the sun warms my back and the crisp air outside frosts my toes with chills, thinking about all the things I am grateful for. Yeah, I could make a huge list, starting with wonderful nature that surrounds me and narrowing it down to the smiles on my kids' faces, but today I want to be a little more specific. Too many times I will generalize in my life. Not far off from the answers we hear spouting from the next Ms. America. "I would like to see peace on earth and world hunger eradicated."

I could say I am thankful for the people in my life and the experiences I am fortunate enough to have. But doesn't that go without saying? Those are safe answers, things that I can say without thinking about it. Thoughts and words I could spew without bursting open the personal space I tucked so delicately into the protected pocket of my heart. Today, I want to be specific. I want to reach into that pocket and let people know what I am truly grateful for. So here it goes, these are just a few things I am grateful for on this wonderful, Thanksgiving morning.

In no particular order, I am thankful for the ability of choice, the laughter of my children, the people I hold tight to my heart, the compassion my children exhibit, the unconditional love that bubbles and overflows my heart, the lack of foresight to worry about what total strangers think of me, the capacity to forget the pain of betrayal, the never-ending support from everyone who knows I have found my calling, the stories that flow so abundantly from my mind and I am graciously thankful to all of you who decide to stop by and read my ramblings.

Today is the day to vocalize what you are grateful for. Allow yourself to feel the meaning of Thanksgiving, and after you've taken a moment to count your blessings, remember to multiply your good and send it out into the world. We are waiting….

No comments:

Post a Comment