Sunday, May 27, 2012

Where is Your Focus?


There are times when I find myself down; crouching and wallowing in the puddle of my own self pity. Oh, hell, sometimes I even strip down to my skivvies and swim in the rubbish. I’ve even been known to persuade people to take a dip with me. Cuz who wants to swim in “that” alone…right?

Whenever I come from fear, the Universe, which ALWAYS agrees with me, will make sure I have all the things I fear. If I come from lack, Infinite Intelligence will make sure I have situations where I will be lacking something; whether it’s in my finances, my relationships, or my time.

It is the prime example of the simple principle; “what you focus on grows.” Think about it. How many times have you seen a car you really liked, and then instantly you notice them everywhere you go? It isn’t that suddenly there’s hundreds more out there. It isn’t that at all—what’s happened is you’ve suddenly become aware of it. You’ve recognized something that was always there. You’ve named and claimed it, so it showed up. So it is with everything you give thought to in your life. 

Remember back in January when I wrote about the difference between hope and expectation? Hope is when you wish for something to happen, and expectation is when you know it is already done. There is a huge lesson in faith in that statement. Just as there are people who attract chaos in their life, so are there people who bring peace to the world around them. One of the biggest differences between the two types of people is their expectations. If we move through our lives, expecting to be broke, expecting to fight with people, and to be victimized; then guess what? That’s exactly what we’ll get.

If we swim in the muck of discontent, hate, fear, lack, judgment, and disease that’s exactly what’s going to show up in our lives. If we decide to stop hanging in the pool of negativity, we will instantaneously affect the outcome of our lives. The second we give up our stories and wash off the grime of conditional thinking, the outcome of our lives will change. It can’t help but change because it is steeped in the principle of Cause and Effect. What you put out into the world always comes back. You reap what you sow; we all can relate to that…right?

So why are we always shocked when something happens that we expected? Good, bad or indifferent? It isn’t magic or miracles…it is the Universe responding to your demands.

When we recognize that we must change something in our lives or we see what we are doing isn’t working, and we decide to be the change we want to see in the world, the Universe must respond to us instantaneously. It can’t help it, that’s its nature. 

Jesus told us, “Do not imitate the way of this world, but be transformed by the renewing or your minds...” Gandhi recognized it in 1913, “Be the change you want to see in the world.” Buddha claimed it when he said, “We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.” The Dalai Lama knew it when he stated, “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.” Dr. Ernest Holmes states it perfectly, “The thing that stands between you and the greater good is a thing of thought and nothing else. It is not Reality that you must change, but your mental reaction to It.”

If these spiritual teachers can speak to our souls, then who are we not turn our ears and listen? Isn’t it time we take up their words, embody the change we want to see in our lives, and become the ambassadors for peace in our world—one thought at a time?

Thanks for hanging out and reading my ramblin’s and Happy Memorial Day!

Where is your focus?


No comments:

Post a Comment