Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Linoleum Moments, We All Have Them…


Okay, so had one of those moments where if there was linoleum to throw my body on and totally lose it; I would have.  I wasn’t far off from the ugly cry; you know the one; kicking of the feet, unstoppable runny nose, strings of drool casing the lips, spastic arms flying; I’m talking the whole nine yards.  Funny you say?  Well, I have to believe everyone has those days sometimes; even when you work so hard to see the best side of everything.   

You know something… it is okay to say no.  Did you hear that, let me scream it…IT IS PERFECTLY OKAY TO SAY NO!  There are times when we get sucked into something we didn’t want to do; THEN…low and behold,  we let that experience dictate the rest of our day, week, month, year, life… a little melodramatic, I know; but you get my point. 

I’m not going to go into details about the multiple crappy moments that decided to dog pile on my chest, because the events weren’t really that important, and I’ve already encouraged them to take a hike and move on.  What I will tell you is how rough it was to “get over it”.  WOW, did I hold a little resentment in my life?  Apparently, I did without really knowing it.  So I’ve come to the realization that there are some real subconscious thought patterns that I must decide to let go.  

It is what we do with the icky feelings that cling to the experience afterward, which determines what the rest of our day, week, or (God forbid) month ends up being.  Now let me tell you, I was swimming in the funk that swallowed me.  Hell, I was so immersed in it that I could have stripped buck naked and skinny dipped in it.  Oh I’m not kidding.  It not only took over me, but it affected everyone around me.   I made sure everyone knew my story, and if they listened I made sure they all knew how I felt.  Boy, it was a lot of work. 
 
It wasn’t until I decided to let go of the frustration of the shitty moments, accept that they are now in the past, and moved from them, did I finally start to feel myself again.  I totally know the drill.  Any negative ideas and belief patterns that don’t better my thinking, or enhance my existence, don’t belong in my life. PERIOD!  There is no room for holding on to angry feelings, insecure thoughts, or negative experiences.  All they do is complicate my life and get in my way.  I don’t want to waste anymore energy on that crap!

How did I get rid of the ick that was stuck in my mind?  I walked.  Yeah, that’s right… I tied my tennis shoes and put one foot in front of the other.  On my walk I decided that I was going to think about everything I am grateful for and everything that makes me smile.  And when the icks tried to squeeze back into my thoughts, I hammered them back with positive words and loving thoughts.  When I thought of people that affected me, I thought them into peace, and surrounded them with love.  Oh it can be hard; trust me, but the moment you stop letting their actions affect you, they tend to lose any influence they had over you.     

Let’s face it; it only took a small pail of water to wipe out the Wicked Witch of the West.  All the terror she inflicted and within seconds she was dissolved into nothing with something as simple as H₂O.  It is time to fling the bucket of water at those people we don’t want affecting us anymore.  Click those ruby red slippers together and know…There’s no place like home; because my marvelous peeps, home is right where YOU ARE, here and now.




No comments:

Post a Comment