Thursday, September 29, 2011

You're More Creative Than You Think!


At what point do we stop looking outside of ourselves for validation? Why does a stranger’s opinion tend to affect us more than the people we love? What is it about the sharp and jagged words from strangers that carry so much more power than anyone else? How discouraging it must be to our loved ones, when we second guess or challenge everything they keep telling us.

I’ll be the first to admit, I know all of my close friends are really tired of giving me the “Really, Really” and the approving pets across my needy ego.

Creative as we all are, (EVERYONE is creative, even if you don’t know it yet) we negate our creativity when we allow someone else to define who and what we are. I’m not talking about the creativity of an artist, writer, or musician. The creativity I am talking about is more personal than that. I am talking about the creativity we use every moment in our lives. Choices we make, decisions we stand by, the abilities we use to see the world around us.

Peace, joy, happiness, and abundance are all creative. The movement of energy is creative; the ability to think is creative, and to act upon your thoughts is creative. So by that definition, everyone is creative and everyone is creating constantly. When we look at creativity that way, the game changes; suddenly, we need to ask ourselves, what am I creating? What thoughts am I letting into my creative mind? Am I a person who looks at the world and sees everything wrong with it or am I the person who sees an opportunity to grow, learn, and express love?

When we start looking outside of ourselves for validation we are allowing everyone else to define who we are. WE ARE GIVING OUR POWER AWAY. That isn’t okay. It isn’t okay to allow anyone, ANYONE, tell you who you are. If you don’t know who you are—stop, be silent, and allow your inner voice to speak up. You know who you are. Even if you’re lost, you have the directions. You just have to WAIT and listen, and you will be shown the map back to yourself.

The moment is ripe now, pluck from the branch of plenty, and sink your teeth into the juicy fruit of self love, creative thought, and peace. Once we begin to identify with peace, love, abundance, and joy the world becomes our orchard, waiting to be harvested.

Thanks for hanging out and reading my ramblings!


No comments:

Post a Comment