Monday, September 6, 2010

I Have a New Website!

(Horns tooting) Dunt…dun… duh… (Please—please, take your seats. I must remain humbled). I am proud to announce with the passing of time, (one full day of sweat and digit cramps) that I, Gretchen de la O, have entered into the virtual world with more than just a Facebook account or Twitter twitting, I can even go so far as to say, further than this blog, in which I fill with my ramblings. Yeah, you guessed it—I am now a proud, keeper of the keys, to my very own website! No need for Q-tips (nothing’ smaller than an elbow in your ear anyway), yeah you heard right, a website!


Really, please thanks for the standing ovation, but as we all know, there ain’t no rest for the wicked, (which by the way never knew what that song was about until my son told me. Remind me to tell you later!)


Anyway, it’s time for me to get down to the nitty-gritty and give my little plug.


It is a free (yeah it will have some form of ads) website builder called wix.com. OMG talk about easy-cheesy. I was turned onto this company by a fellow writer who used it. She has a great site (check it out). I got sucked into building my site for a day and a half. (Well, it really wasn’t a day and a half, if you factor in soccer games, laundry and cooking 5 minute meals.) However; it did take some time and it was so much fun. Importing, linking, RSSing, and every other type of time consuming technical aspect of creating a website was so fast using their pre-designed tools (My cat could have built my site-not really). What was so cool about it, was it let me import my own pictures, links, and music. Yeah, I could pay a monthly fee and go ad free and link directly to my very own created web address, but who cares, if I can still get you linked to it through my blog.


Eventually, I will migrate to the subscription on Wix as the popularity of my website grows. For now, I just want to get my name out there, and establish a place where people can come and hang out with me, virtually.

So without further ado, click Here, to check it out, then come back and tell me what you think.


BTW- Ain’t no Rest for the Wicked is about prostitution. Who knew!

No comments:

Post a Comment